17 Reasons I’m Going Nomad – I’m doing this video partly for myself and partly for everyone else so they might get a glimpse into my life and why I’m making the decision to walk away from the system and go nomad. Over the many years since I’ve been making a living online I’ve let myself go health wise. Working a home “office” job even though it’s my own business is still a drag with regard to lifestyle. I’m not getting any younger. It’s not healthy to sit inside all the time working in front of a computer. The irony of course is not lost on me that I’ll still be making a living online while living the nomad lifestyle, but in my mind at least I’m not stuck inside wasting money on an apartment and other bills. Money that could be spent creating memories and a new business, paying down debt and living a simpler life. Anyway…enough about that. Here’s why I’m going nomad and choosing a completely new lifestyle.
This is the short list.
- I’m Not Happy Where I Am Right Now – It’s been a very rough 5 years. There were some good times. I owned a successful business. I had to sell off part of that business to pay off some debt I built up with another project that failed.
- I Honestly Don’t Know Where I’m At Right Now – Professionally and personally
- I’m Burned Out & Need a Break – Been working for a very long time
- I Need To Clear My Head – Like I said above, I’m burned out and need to clear my head and recharge.
- I Failed At A Previous Business And That Failure Put Me In Debt Along With My Medical Bills – This one is a little personal but there it is. I need to fix that.
- I Have A Mysterious Health Issue – Doctors think it’s auto-immune but all tests come back normal. So after years of tests and poking and prodding pain and suffering and misery I’m done trying to figure it out. I can either be sick here in this apartment wasting away my life or I can get out there and do something!
- I Need To Get in Shape, Eat Healthier & Exercise
- Get Outdoors & Breathe Some Fresh Air – Stuck in my apartment working in front of a computer. I’m sick of it. So I’m getting outside, outdoors and breathing some fresh air for a change. Being stuck in an apartment is NOT a way to live.
- I’m Walking Away From The System – I’m tired of paying into a system that doesn’t give a shit about me. The system lives off of you. The system doesn’t care about you. It uses you up and throws you away when it’s done with you. I won’t do that anymore.
- To Stop Wasting Money – The amount of money I wasted over 5 years is staggering. I could have my off grid cabin and land I want by now if I hadn’t wasted money on an apartment.
- To Travel & See The Country While I Figure Out My Next Step & My Next Business – I don’t know whether this Youtube thing will work or not. I’ve never done anything like it and if it doesn’t work
- To Pursue My Passion in Photography & Writing – I can travel to new places. Photograph the landscapes and wildlife and my adventures. I can then sell my photos. If not, then I’ll do something else, but at least I’m doing my dreams and pursuing my passion.
- Change of Lifestyle to Something Healthier – Living in an apartment for so long and making a living sitting in front of a computer inside all day almost every day is not healthy. It’s not good for me. It’s not good for my health and I need to do something to change.
- To Build My New Business – I don’t know if going nomad is going to work or I’ll be able to make a living on Youtube, but I’m going to try. It’s a huge leap of faith, but I know it’s possible and I’ve made a living online for the past 15-20 years so I know I can do it, I just don’t know if going nomad is going to be the ting I do. I might get out there and find a whole new career field that I never knew existed and find that I love it. I don’t know. That’s that ok.
- To Be Debt Free in 1 Year – This is a personal and professional goal for me to be debt free in 1 year. Now. The likelihood of that happening is not realistic. I know this. However it’s not going to disappoint me if I’m NOT debt free in 1 year, but at least I will have tried and given it my best shot. If anything I will most likely b in a much better financial position than I am in now.
- To See If I Can Live The Nomad Life – I don’t know if living the nomad life is going to be for me. I might get out there and say “THIS SUCKS!” and get a job after a month or so just to pay bills. But I am going to give it an honest effort. I believe that with modern technology, the knowledge of how to make a living online and the passion for travel, adventure and photography I think I can make a good living at it. We’ll see.
- To Build a New Life – This is about building a new life for me and my family doing something I’m passionate about.
Will it work? I have no idea. Will I be successful? I don’t know. Will I like being a nomad? I don’t know.
I just need to do something. Working for someone else is not an option. That’s not who I am. I’ve never been happy working for someone else and I never will be. I will always have some kind of business to make living with. Whether I am successful with this new venture or not is irrelevant. What’s important is that I need to figure out where I am, who I am, and what I’m doing.
BONUS: To live a FREE and independent life! This is about creating a new life free from the confines of a system that doesn’t care about you, and to break away from the daily grind, to say to ‘the man’ “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I quit I don’t work for you anymore. I work for me now!” To build equity in life an independence and to live free. This is ultimately about freedom. It’s about choosing your passion, following your passion, and doing your dreams.
You have to live life now. While you can. While you’re young and you can do it.
Live life now!
Thanks for reading/watching, guys! I appreciate it. If you enjoyed the video, please give it a thumbs up, like, share, comment and subscribe to my channel. Let me know what you think down in the comments.
Sponsor Me & My Nomad Life™ If you like my writing, photos and content subscribe to my newsletter email list at the bottom of the page and if you'd like to buy me a cup of coffee head over to my sponsor page and sponsor me. Be sure to include your shipping address to receive the occasional NOMAD LIFE™ gear as a free gift as a thank you for sponsoring me and my adventures. Thanks!