Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Be a Digital Nomad! – What is a digital nomad? Someone who travels full time and makes a living on the road and online. As long as you have an internet connection, a cell phone and a laptop, you can make a living on the road, travel the world, and make a living doing it. This is how I’m doing it and it’s how you can do it to. Hopefully if all goes well, and I’m successful (I am confident I will be) then I will show you How To Be a Digital Nomad, travel and do your dreams.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY EVERYONE SHOULD BE A DIGITAL NOMAD
- Freedom – Basically the freedom to do what you want when you want on your own terms.
- Independence – Self sufficient and self reliant, not relying on others to provide anything and breaking away from the system which doesn’t care about your well-being. You’re taking control of your own life and taking back your independence.
- Save Money – Live frugally – Instead of spending money on an Apartment or Mortgage you can save the money and put it to good use traveling and investing in your own life. The money you save on your apartment rent can be saved to use for buying a small piece of land and owning your own place.
- Build Life Equity – Basically that means you build equity in your own life. Make memories and gain experience. Invest in yourself building equity in your life instead of someone else’s bank account.
- Live Simply – A minimalist lifestyle. Less junk more freedom.
- It’s Healthier – When you’re out and about you’ll most likely exercise more, at least in my case, I’ll be hiking more, spending more time in nature, and being more physically active, exploring and adventuring all over the USA.
- Make a Living – Passive Income – The internet and social media allows us all to make a real living online. As long as we have a laptop, cell phone and an internet connection, we can make a living while on the road. We don’t have to be tied down to a job punching a clock for someone else. W can make a living online now and do better than we ever did before.
- You’re Always Home – Wherever you are that is your home. Metallica said it best in a song from their Black album back in 1991, (which BTW came out on August 12th, 1 week after my birthday) That album is basically my life in music. It is the epitome of me. On that album is a song called Wherever I may roam’…it’s about being free and independent and self reliant. It’s about not conforming to the status-quo. It’s about living life on your own terms and not answering to those who tell you you’re doing it wrong. The lyrics are a poem set to music that say “Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home.” I have to say this is my favorite song of all time. It’s my favorite because it resonates with me on a primal and greatly personal level. It is me. It is my life and how I view the world. When you’re a digital nomad where you lay your head each night is your home. For some that might seem scary, ant to a point it is, but to others it’s exhilarating. I don’t know how I’ll lie it, or if I will. But I’ve always been restless and that is me. That song is about me and my life and how I view it. To me, that is what being a nomad is all about.
- Adventure – You get to explore the world and those explorations create memories and you learn more about the world we live in and the planet we live on.
- Travel – You get to see the world not just your backyard, sadly most people don’t even have a backyard. When you’re a digital nomad the world is your backyard! Imagine waking up to the Grand Canyon, or a beautiful forest, or a lake or river in the mountains. That’s your backyard. There’s a whole world out there to explore. I don’t know about you, but I want to see as much of it as possible before I leave this world.
There you go. I think that about sums it up fairly completely and simply.
5 Personal Reasons Why I’m Going Nomad Plus Some Goals!
This next section is kind of a bonus list I wanted to share with you. It’s a list of the personal reasons why I’m a digital nomad and why I choose to live the nomad life.
- Freedom – Obviously as stated above I do it for the freedom being a nomad grants me to do what I want when I want and go where I want to without any kind of adherence to a set work schedule or mandatory work hours. I make my own schedule. I work for myself making my own way. I think the age of the traditional 40 hour work week is over. I believe as a society we’re on the edge and in the beginning of a new paradigm shift in societal norms. How things are done in the new digital age is changing, and has changed forever.
- Independence – Working for myself gives me my independence back. Instead of answering to a boss that tells me what to do, how to do it and who to do it, I take back my independence and seize control of my life.
- Save Money – I ultimately want to buy my own land, build my own cabin and go off grid, live a sustainable lifestyle, with renewable and sustainable energy, grow my own food and be self reliant and 100% self sufficient. That is my goal. To do that I need to save money, live frugally, and take the money that I would otherwise be spending on rent and utilities and put it toward my off grid homestead. I’ll use the homestead as a home base…kind of a sustainable living base camp. A place I can come back to that mine, a place where I can raise my daughter and give her a solid foundation while she grows up. A place to build memories and a place my family can call home. I’ll spend most of my time on the road, but it will be nice to have a base camp to launch new adventures from.
- Live Simply – This goes to my sustainable living goal. I want to live a minimalist lifestyle while also being sustainable. This is a tough balance. I know I won’t always be able to meet those stipulations for sustainability but I’m gong to give it my best. It is really about less junk more freedom.
- Get Healthy – Being a digital nomad to me means getting out there and seeing the world. Doing that will require hiking, camping, and exploring through rugged terrain and lots of nature. I love nature and being in nature recharges me, gives me energy, fresh air to breathe and makes me feel good. It’s good for me physically, mentally and emotionally. It allows me to relax and recharge and is generally great for my health.
1 YEAR GOAL – My Digital NOMAD LIFE project is a 1 year long project during which time I will be a digital nomad, build my online business and make a living online, on the road and off the grid. Perhaps even find a small piece of land somewhere and build a little off grid homestead. Disconnected from the system and making my own way. I don’t know where I’m going, I don’t even know if the nomad life will be for me. But I’m doing it anyway! This is my life and my adventure, I just happen to be making a living doing it! I hope…
Going nomad is a big step, it’s scary and it’s something most folks only wish they could do but they usually never end up doing it. I think this is a dream that most people have but don’t realize it’s possible. It is possible. I’m just stating out. With my experience as a blogger, writer, artist and photographer, I know it’s possible.
That’s what my blog is about. It’s about my journey as a digital nomad, how I make a living, and the best part is I show you how to do it too. I don’t just travel and blog, and take pretty pictures. I show you how you can do it too. I share it with you freely and with no reservations whatsoever.
I do it because I believe in this lifestyle. Because I live it, and it’s a life long dream of mine to do it.
You either do it or you don’t.
Live live now!
SUBSCRIBE TO ME:
Follow Me on Social Media:
Here is my brand NOMAD LIFE! I will be launching the website soon. I hope people like it. I created this brand kind of as a symbol for the nomad life I want to live. This isn’t just about making a living, it’s part of who I am. I was BORN NOMADIC!
Sponsor Me & My Nomad Life™ If you like my writing, photos and content subscribe to my newsletter email list at the bottom of the page and if you'd like to buy me a cup of coffee head over to my sponsor page and sponsor me. Be sure to include your shipping address to receive the occasional NOMAD LIFE™ gear as a free gift as a thank you for sponsoring me and my adventures. Thanks!